Donate to keep Blog Running

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Premature ejaculation



I was prescribed clomipramine for my premature ejaculation. Five weeks later, I am still spurting all over the bed during sex with my GF. When will it start to work?

Clomipramine is a very old antidepressant drug and not very effective. If it has not worked by 3 weeks, it is unlikely to work. There is no FDA approved drug for this disorder but the newer antidepressants seem to work the best. Ask your doctor for an SSRI inhibitor like sertraline or Prozac. No one knows if they work or how long you have to take them for the results. In addition, these medications also have a number of adverse effects including weight gain. Am sorry, I do not have a great answer for this very common problem in men. Best advice, get comfortable and communicate with your partner during sex and be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment